Apr 15, 2011

Internship = Great Experience.

Rights, for our 5th semester, we are required to undergo a 3 months internship with a company of your choice. So, I have chosen to intern at Seventeen Magazine @ BluInc. Sadly, there's been some complications of some sort thus, I ended up interning at MYC! @ Salient Information Sdn. Bhd.

I would have to say that I wasn't expecting much from my internship as I was pretty upset about not being placed at Seventeen. My first week was a blur in the office but as the days passed by, I grew to love MYC! I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Ellyse, the Deputy Editor && Kelvin, the Copywriter are amazing bosses and seniors. They've not only taught me a lot, they actually gave me opportunities to write things I never dreamed of writing as an Intern. I've always heard that Interns are mainly Coffee-girls, Copy-girl && Carry-girl. But NO! I was a FULL ON, Junior Copywriter for the Magazineeeeee :)

Among the opportunities that were given to me :-
  1. I was given the chance to write a full page article that is going to be published, topic of my choice :O
  2. I got to follow and accompany the models for their photoshoot and makeover.
  3. I was given the chance to handle press-realeses, write ups.
  4. I got to go for Food Review. (DELICIOUS, EXPENSIVE FOOD FOR FREE)
  5. I got to write Book Reviews, Movie Reviews, Music Reviews. (We get to keep the books, the original CD's for free)
  6. I interviewed A-listed socialites/celebrities such as Vanessa & Pamela Chong :)
I really got to learn a lot and I know that one day in the future, it will be of great help to me. Boss happens to call me "SUPER-INTERN" as I was the Intern that runs about keeping the energy of the company at top-notch, laughing, singing out loud, being the hyper me that I am. Also because I handle 3 different departments on my own. I mean, interns are often placed under ONE department but I have been doing Editorial, Admin/Book-keeping & Events all at one go. That's for bottling up all my energy && keeping me in the office =.="

Among the people I got really close to would definitely be both my Bosses, ELLYSE & KELVIN who are absolutely AMAZING. The artistic Graphic Designer who sits behind me ----> Amileen (Crazy KOREAN FANATIC), Adrina (Big Boss' PA, HOT & SEXY), Sonia (PR girl) && Liyana (Very happy & bubbly). The others are fun too. Just not so hyper :D


All in all, we're just one happy family && I'm more than happy to be placed here. MYC! will forever be my home :)

p/s: I miss you guys already :'(

Ever yours, Xx
Virginie Laurency.

0 new recipes: