Oct 19, 2013

The Art of Pick-Up Lines


Pick-up lines : Do they ever work?

We've are heard of it. Some of us probably have used them on others while some are mere victims of these cheesy lines. To date, I find pick-up line extremely funny. They're not entirely repulsive actually and could really bring out a giggle or two when used correctly by the right person.

This equation seems just about right :)

Pick-up lines are always a big NO-NO and when used, often doesn't bring much of a positive outcome. Why? Probably because most of the pick-up lines are either 1) CHEESY or 2) SEXUAL and well, it's really down-grading the respect a female deserves. *NO! We don't appreciate being objectified sexually even if you think it's a compliment!

 



Technically, these are the not so bad kind that I've heard for some time back in the olden days but somehow, these has gotten old. Hahaha, now, when a pick-up line is thrown at me - we do what girls do best. Counter with sarcasm simply cause we can.


Having been in the dating field for quite some time, I would have thought I've seen (or heard) it all, but I was caught stunted last night during a call with an interesting someone. And trust me when I say that I was speechless. Grinning wider than the Cheshire Cat himself. What was said to me was actually pretty sweet and refreshing - I was totally caught off guard. Let me elaborate.

Most guys would be like - "I see a great future for us and all our little Jimmy (his name) and little Sasha (her name)" but what was used on me was this!


And when you're complaining about how you're fat and round or whatsoever, a typical guy would say "No! I think you're hot. You're perfect just the way you are." Can you guess what was said to me?

"I think you look really healthy. Boys like healthy woman".

WHAT DO YOU SAY TO SOMETHING LIKE THAT?! I liked that. I liked that very much, know why? Because now I can :-

I don't have to worry about being big, round and fat because I have a healthy appetite :D HAHHA and they like it? Nice excuse huh? :P HAHA Okay, my excitement has caused me to loose my flow in my writing. It's practically all gush, junk and all over the place but who cares. I am really really spellbound :P

& the best part of it all is that it really made me feel so "up there", high up on a pedestal. HAHA. He called me QUEEN :O

*faints* - Haha, I think I should stop before I smash my excitement onto the keyboards <3

xoxo, ever yours,
Virginie

0 new recipes: